Be inspired by the Lunar New Year and claim 2023 as the Year of Rostering. Every new year offers business owners a moment to reflect and consider new ways to lower costs and drive profitability. Making online rostering the focus of employee management could be your way to good fortune in 2023.
Lunar New Year traditions
Lunar New Year – also known as Chinese New Year – falls on January 22 this year. The timing of Lunar New Year coincides with the New Moon at the start of the northern hemisphere Spring. Celebrations last for 16 days, starting from Chinese New Year’s Eve to the Lantern Festival.
Traditionally, Lunar New Year is a time to clean up and make way for good luck. In business the emphasis is on balancing the books and clearing debts, and staff expect recognition during this period.
In Chinese culture, 2023 is a Year of the Rabbit, more specifically, the Water Rabbit. The sign of Rabbit is a symbol of longevity, peace, and prosperity and 2023 is predicted to be a year of hope.
Other years of the Rabbit are 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023 and 2035. If you were born in one of these years, then you are a Rabbit and are believed to be vigilant, witty, quick-minded, and ingenious.
The 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac are Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.
Inspiration for the Year of Rostering
Employee scheduling should not be a burden to your business in 2023. Channeling your attention towards making sure you have the best rostering system for your staff, will reap great benefits for your business.
Setting yourself the challenge of making 2023 the Year of Rostering acknowledges the important role your staff plays in the success of your business. Auditing your rostering system processes (or lack of) could just be the lynchpin that makes all the difference.
Perhaps you have been thinking your employee management is all under control and working fine. Look a little harder and you might find staff are unhappy with their workloads or time-off or not knowing how to address a payroll problem. Step in closer and you realise you have been paying a lot for your rostering software. Even when there are much easier-to-use and cheaper online rostering systems available.
The best online rostering system is one that delivers the key features that you need, is simple to navigate, doesn’t reinvent the wheel and doesn’t lead you into unnecessary add-ons in order to unlock the functionality. Most importantly the best rostering software reduces your cost of business in both monthly outgoings and work hours.
10 reasons why rostering should be your priority
- Stable work hours support higher quality output and a safer working environment.
- Well-planned rosters help to track work performance of employees.
- Better matching of employee skills to workflow and the ability to prioritise shifts.
- Minimising employee record errors saving costly accounting mistakes.
- Properly staffed shifts maximise sales potential and customer satisfaction.
- Increase capacity to manage staff absences and keep track of sick leave.
- Well communicated rosters and timesheets ensure happy and motivated staff.
- Using a simple online rostering system that is easy-to-use, keeps track of costs and integrates with your payroll system, saves you time and money.
- You can give relevant access to managers and your bookkeeper or accountant to streamline approvals and back-end processes.
- Using an online dashboard to keep track of employees as needed, gives you peace of mind and more time to work on growing your business.
May you be happy and prosperous this Lunar New Year 2023!